College Admissions Experts At Your Service
Transfer student college counseling is provided with the purpose of helping the transfer student successfully transfer from a community college to a 4 year institution or assisting a student in transferring between 4 year colleges. The main aspects of this process include the review of requirements, determining the goals of the student, forms necessary to file, and how to best position themselves to successfully transfer.
Time to Complete: approximately 5 to 20 hours depending on the number of schools where the student is filling applications, personal statements and supplemental essays necessary, and the complexity of their individual situation. The time includes both online meetings and research/analysis that takes place off-line.
- Review of the student’s current academic and extracurricular record.
- Discussion of student’s goals, preferred major, parameters for college choice, financial constraints, test scores, and potential recommenders.
- Instruction on how to set up the Common Application, UC, CSU, and other applications that are applied to through individual websites.
- Research on necessary requirements and recommendations on meeting them.
- Develop a strategy on the personal statements including brainstorming topics, setting up an outline, advice on creating an initial draft, and helping to perfect the essays through editing and revising.
- Presenting a timeline for the admission process.
- Helping to develop a balanced list of target schools.
- Review of admission decisions and evaluation of choices.
Provide assistance to transfer students to help them successfully transition to another university through a one-on-one guided approach. We take a complex process and break it down into manageable steps , whereby we eliminate the stress and confusion that often accompanies this transfer process.